October 18, 2008

F a L L F u N

Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love the weather, halloween costumes, and fall treats (carmel apples, anyone?). I would have pumpkins on my porch all year long if I could get away with it. We're trying to take advantage of all the fun fall stuff going on, and this week was a good one. We went to Gardner Village for the costume parade and to see the witch displays on Thursday with Grandma Connie and Cami and the Rush cousins. Jaxson LOVED wearing his ninja turtle costume (he thought he was so cool) and running around with his idol, Connor (the ninja).





I think the funnest part of the day though was going to Grandma and Grandpa Harmon's (Mark's grandparents) and having lunch - soup, popcorn, and homemade milkshakes - the kids were in heaven. They all LOVE their great-grandparents and they are both so fun and involved in the lives of all of their children, grand children, and great-grandchildren. WE LOVE YOU!


Last night we took a drive up Settlement Canyon in Tooele and roasted some marshmallows. The weather was perfect - just cold enough to make you want to stay close to the toasty fire.

The boys loved playing in the leaves~

Three handsome guys . I love Jaxson's face in this one - Roasting marshmallows is serious business.

Wyatt was mesmerized by the fire and kept talking to it in his own language.

And then today, my fun mom and I took the boys to the Scarecrow festival at Thanksgiving point. I forgot the camera, so you don't get to see what a blast we had. Seriously though, it was so stinking fun. They charge a fee to get in, and then everything else is free. They had a huge line of blow up bounce houses and slides and obstacle courses and then 20 or 30 fun carnival games for little kids. Jaxson was totally in his element and wasn't ready to go home after the four hours we spent there. Too bad for him that his mom and grandma were totally exhausted after all the chasing, carrying, and kettle-corn eating. If anyone reads this before Monday, I think that is the last day its going on--go, you'll love it!

7 comments:

Jules said...

I love the fall season too! I could do without all the candy though. Halloween is the beginning of the end of healthy eating for the winter. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and the candy and treats don't end until Easter -- Yikes!

Annilee said...

I can't wait to come enjoy some fall weather, shorts in October just doesn't suit me. Your boys are so cute and I am glad you are taking advantage of all the fun things during this month. Can't wait to see you!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

The picture of Jax and Y on the ground is so great. Y looks like a proper boy not like a baby. Crazy! I love you guys and am happy to be part of the Bell Family!

Ashley said...

i keep hearing people that went to the scarecrow festival and saying how fun it was! i wish we could have gone. I'm excited to go to dinner next week wheels!....

Clark Family said...

Fall is a ball. I just love it. There aren't as many things to do here, at least I haven't found them. I look forward to coming to Utah to do things like that. Your boys are getting so big. I can't believe how big Wyatt is. Time flies. I remember them as little babies.

crush said...

Love the pictures of your boys in the canyon! They are so cute! We had so much fun with you guys at Gardner Village, we just have to figure out a way to get together more!!! XOXO

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest babies ever! Looks like loads of fun!