October 19, 2009

Friday Night Hike

Last weekend Mark got off of work early and I had no craft classes to teach, so we headed up the canyon to check out the leaves and hike Donut Falls. We only made it halfway up, at which point we came to a river with a little bridge and decided that the trail was really muddy and the boys won't ever know the difference. We had fun throwing stuff in the river and eating dinner on Logs.


The funniest part though (you are going to think I am MEAN, but you have to picture it) was on the way back - Mark was carrying Wyatt on his shoulders because he was throwing a tantrum about leaving the river (surprise!). He was walking ahead of Jaxson and I on the trail, and he ducked under a pine tree, but not low enough - he totally ran Wyatt into a pine tree branch! He wasn't hurt, and it actually stopped his tantrum. I don't care if I am mean, it was FUNNY. And maybe now he has learned his lesson - little boys who throw tantrums get ran into trees!! We should write a parenting book.


The boys heading up the trail with their Daddy. We had to hold Wyatt's hand or carry him becuase the crazy kid kept taking off up the side of the mountain.

What is it with boys and throwing stuff in the water?! They could have done that for hours.

Jaxson took this picture of us, and he looked at it on the camera and then with an exasperated sigh and the 'Mark eyebrows' said "MOMMY! You aren't supposed to close your eyes!!" Oops.


6 comments:

Rosies said...

how fun! You guys are such a cute little family! (and I think it;s funny too! Prob deserved it right??)

Annilee said...

That is so fun, we sure miss the moutain experiences down here. The story about Wyatt is so ture, i always feel bad when I laugh at things that hurt Cannon but sometimes they are funny, I guess I am a bad mom with you!

Hess Fam said...

PS I just saw that you ordered that flower! Yea! Choose another color I will send you two for one. We have cream yellow green grey purple hot pink light pink blue I don't know you name it I probablly have it.

KRISTIE KIRCHEN said...

I think that is great parenting skills. No one got hurt and the tantrum stopped. It's a perfect solution. Maybe I should try that next time.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA I LOVE IT! I am going to be the EXACT same way. HA HA HA HA

wood0306 said...

That is so funny!!! Your family just gets cuter and cuter :)