November 14, 2009

Super Saturday Season

Super Saturday season is almost over!!! If you've seen me with a crazy look in my eyes and a stressed out expression on my face for the last couple of months, you will see the reason below. If I haven't called you back or answered your email, I promise I wanted to - it's just that I've barely had time to shower most days! This year our little business has grown and it has been an awesome blessing, but a curse at the same time. Lots of late nights and fast food dinners. We have learned a lot though, so here is too a smoother, not so stressed-out season next year!!


Every Thursday I go to Holly's and we package all of the orders for the week. Here is a sample of the craziness:


Sanding some of the wood - don't you wish you had that job? We have great helpers though (Holly's neighbors) and it usually gets done pretty fast - once someone had the idea to use electric sanders! Duh.

My packed up car - Mark is awesome and loads it for me the night before. I'm always a little scared I'm going to get impaled by a piece of moulding on the way there...

Packaging, packaging, and more packaging.

Some of the orders being shipped off...poor UPS man.

And last but not least, can you spot the baby in the boxes? Holly's little Ellie was just happy to be a part of the action and spent lots of her time just like this, smiling at everyone around her. What a good baby!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! I had no idea how well your business was going. That is so great!!!! I'm really proud of you

Rosies said...

That's awesome! Good for you! Anytime someone brings up super saturdays I always give them your name!! :)

Annilee said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that I complained about the craft explosion that was my computer room...you definitely take the cake on that one. At least you are making money from it, hopefully you will earn enough to get Jaxson something other than clothes for Christmas! I am so proud to call you a friend...you are so crafty!

Cathie said...

Looks like a crazy amount of work. Hopefully you will now have time to enjoy the holiday season.

Hillary Garner said...

You girls are amazing! I'm proud to know such ambitious women! Looks like you need to open up a shop!