July 6, 2010

At least being a mom is entertaining...

Some days, even when I am doing something I am dreading, I realize that at least there are always those hilarious mom-moments sprinkled (or tinkled) throughout the day.

Today's was potty training the Wy-man this afternoon, by putting him on the toilet every 15 minutes. First, he insisted on trying on every single one of his new pair of underwear, and then had to crane his neck around to get a good view of the super hero on his backside.

And then, one of the first few times I put him on the toilet and encouraged him to go potty...

Me: (super excited voice)

"Come on Wyatt! Do you have any potty? Potty in the toilet!"


Wyatt: (looking down at his peep, concentrating)

"It not working...It broken!"


Totally made up for the pee all over my floor! That kid, I swear.

**Don't worry, he figured out how to 'work it' later on in the day. Looking forward to tomorrow...

8 comments:

wood0306 said...

LOL... So cute!

Annilee said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to not have pee on my bathroom floor from a three year old that has no care to pay attention to the potty. Good luck with Wyatt, at least you can find joy in the situation.

Hess Fam said...

I think I would kill myself without these funny moments!! Too cute! Good luck!!

Adam and Sarah said...

Ha! I love your funny stories. Your kids are the funniest little boys I know!

Angela said...

Ok- first time I've heard it called a peep. Thanks for the education.

Krystal said...

Kim this makes me smile! Thanks for the laugh!

Leesee Girlyfield said...

So funny!!! What a boy!

Amy Solomon said...

My son Ian solved the problem of the inability to see the super hero on the back of the underwear by wearing them on the front. He's so used to doing it that way that now he wears even his tighty-whiteys backwards. Drives my dad nuts!