by this cute little face! There is a terrible two-year-old lurking inside just waiting to do naughty things the minute you turn your back. So, today I thought I would take Jaxson to do something fun. We went to the library story time, and then to McDonald's for lunch. Everything had gone pretty well, no meltdowns so far. Then we were walking out to the car and he saw the Redbox, and begged me to rent him a movie. Since it's a buck, I let him pick one because it was nap time by then, and it wasn't worth a tantrum. Or so I thought...The movie he picked wasn't there (of course), so I picked him a different one (almost exactly like the one he wanted). When he saw the movie I had picked, he started freaking out. I just let him throw his tantrum while I buckled Wyatt in the car, until this man goes "Um, excuse me, but he just threw his movie in the trash can." Oh yes, the outside McDonald's garbage can, full of all kinds of wonderful things to dig through. NAUGHTY! I was so mad that I fished it out of the garbage and put it right back in the Redbox. Most of the time he is pretty good, but then the terrible two's make an appearance and remind me why they are called that!
March 5, 2008
Do not be fooled...
by this cute little face! There is a terrible two-year-old lurking inside just waiting to do naughty things the minute you turn your back. So, today I thought I would take Jaxson to do something fun. We went to the library story time, and then to McDonald's for lunch. Everything had gone pretty well, no meltdowns so far. Then we were walking out to the car and he saw the Redbox, and begged me to rent him a movie. Since it's a buck, I let him pick one because it was nap time by then, and it wasn't worth a tantrum. Or so I thought...The movie he picked wasn't there (of course), so I picked him a different one (almost exactly like the one he wanted). When he saw the movie I had picked, he started freaking out. I just let him throw his tantrum while I buckled Wyatt in the car, until this man goes "Um, excuse me, but he just threw his movie in the trash can." Oh yes, the outside McDonald's garbage can, full of all kinds of wonderful things to dig through. NAUGHTY! I was so mad that I fished it out of the garbage and put it right back in the Redbox. Most of the time he is pretty good, but then the terrible two's make an appearance and remind me why they are called that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i am sorry but that is so funny! i'm sure it won't be when it's Tate doing it though. I am scared of the terrible two's coming...i hear these horror stories and i wonder why i want 4 kids--maybe i should just stop at one.
Oh man am I starting to feel your pain. The twos are coming and we are definitly seeing it come out in our sweet little J.J.! At least thats what I keep telling myself. He is still sweet inside!?!
What a stinker! I bet that guy had a nice little laugh watching Jaxson walk over and put his movie in the garbage:) You go to all this work to be a fun Mom, and sometimes don't you wish your kids would think...wow, Mom has really tried hard today, i'm going to be extra good for her!
HILLARIOUS!!!! That is all I can say.
Sorry to say. . .but I did laugh! Maybe because I am glad that it is not me doing that with Mark anymore!! What can I say? Like father, like son! Mama Bell
I'm sorry Kim! I can't stop laughing over this story. He really is one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen! Wish I could tell you it automatically gets better when they turn 3....
Post a Comment