The picture says it all...This is what we found last Saturday when we noticed a leak in our toilet. Mark took the toilet off, and apparently it wasn't quite sealed when we redid our tile a year ago. It has been leaking the whole time we think, just enough to grow a nice colony of mold under our tile and sub floor. So we had to rip out the tile and the sub floor, and scrub the mold away (what a fun and glamorous job that was!). Now we're in the process of retiling, and it's almost done! The upside is that since we had to redo the floor, I decided I might as well redecorate the bathroom (why not, right?) It's turning out cute so far--I'll post a picture when it's done. Thank goodness for my handy husband! He has had his hands full for the last week with this project!!April 28, 2008
MOLD
The picture says it all...This is what we found last Saturday when we noticed a leak in our toilet. Mark took the toilet off, and apparently it wasn't quite sealed when we redid our tile a year ago. It has been leaking the whole time we think, just enough to grow a nice colony of mold under our tile and sub floor. So we had to rip out the tile and the sub floor, and scrub the mold away (what a fun and glamorous job that was!). Now we're in the process of retiling, and it's almost done! The upside is that since we had to redo the floor, I decided I might as well redecorate the bathroom (why not, right?) It's turning out cute so far--I'll post a picture when it's done. Thank goodness for my handy husband! He has had his hands full for the last week with this project!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ouch that sucks. I'm sorry guys! The fixing doesn't sound fun but the decorating does!!!
Post a Comment