June 29, 2008

POWELL TRIP!

Okay, so I know I've been a slacker this month, but our computer has been broken. We've been having a great summer so far, mostly having picnics in the yard (2-year-olds are so easily impressed) and swimming at the Stansbury pool. We just got back from a trip to Lake Powell with my family and some of their neighbors, and it was so dang fun. That is my very favorite place to go! I LOVE it, even if gas is $5.39 a gallon there (ouch). We left Wyatt home (thanks Connie and Cami!) because we thought he would be pretty miserable there. I MISSED HIM LIKE CRAZY!! I felt like one of my arms was missing or something, but I still had a way fun trip. Jaxson kept us busy chasing him around with sunblock and a lifejacket all day everyday. He had such a blast, with the exception of the first night, where he could be heard throughout the whole houseboat (and probably echoing off the rocks of Lake Powell) yelling "I want my brother! I wanna go home! I don't want to live on this boat anymore! We ended up sleeping on a tent on the beach and he was fine after that. Here are some fun pics we took:










Can you see why this is my favorite place to go??? SO AWESOME!






Mark trying out his new wakeboard--he was working on clearing the wake and I was working on getting in and out of the wake without falling on my face (which is why there are no pics of me wakeboarding!)


All set for a "wild" tube ride


Jaxson's favorite place to be--on the boat with his very own can of pringles!


Some other fun pictures...



Swimming with Grandma Jill


Driving the boat with Grandpa


Okay, okay, so this one isn't really from Lake Powell since he wasn't there, but I couldn't leave Wyatt out! Isn't he so stinking cute in his swimming suit with all that chub?!


7 comments:

Annilee said...

Yea...welcome to the land of the living...I have missed hearing what is going on with you. Your boys are adorable and I am glad that you had a fun time in Lake Powell. I hope to see you when I come in a few weeks!

Hillary Garner said...

I have missed you terribly and was so glad when I saw a new post! I can't tell you how jealous I am of your powell trip...how fun! Hope to see you soon!

Bethany said...

I love the picture of you and your kids in the tube. Cute family! You look great too!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Lake Powell! Your boys look like they had the time of their lives. I can't wait to put Eva in a swimsuit...I love your blog. I just got one started. Check it out:

http://boiseballou.blogspot.com/

Nicole

Angela said...

I'm jealous! I haven't been in a boat all year and don't know if I will be. That's odd for me. Loved the photos.

Ashley said...

you need to blog more often, this once a month business is gay. I have never been to Lake Powell, it looks beautiful...maybe you should take your friends sometime huh??

Lindsay said...

You have such a cute family. Your boys are adorable. the trip looked fun. you should go on and see my blog. Lindsay (Bodine) Record (recordbunch.blogspot.com)