December 4, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

So, the other day I was putting up our Christmas decorations, and Jaxson was really excited. It took forever to put all the fall stuff away and haul all the Christmas stuff up from the basement, so by the time I did that, it was nap time for him. He took a nap while I decorated away, and he slept for a couple of hours. He woke up just as I was finishing the tree, and he stood at the top of the stairs (looking down into our living room). He saw the garlands and lights and Christmas tree with huge eyes and he goes

(in complete awe)

"Oh mommy, there's Christmas EVERYWHERE!"

It was so cute. It reminded me how magical Christmas is when you're little. How fun to get to experience that all over again through your kids!

4 comments:

wood0306 said...

That is so cute Kim! We decorated over the weekend and the kids were so excited. Sunday morning Chance woke up and said "Just 5 more days till Christmas" So that night we made a countdown chain to Christmas. The kids are so excited when they wake up and see there chain hanging in there room and get to tear off another link. We are expecting Chance to start tearing of extra's in hopes it will get here sooner! To be a kid again ;)

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

OH MY CUTENESS

THE KLENK FAMILY said...

Adorable!!! I love moments like this!

A'Lisha said...

oh my heck how sweet!! so now you need to post pictures of how magical your house looks!!