4 Number of times we had do emergency-pull overs on the freeway so Jaxson could go potty on the side of the road. This was in addition to stopping at a bunch of gas stations along the way. That kid's bladder is the size of a peanut.
3 hours of inconsolable sobbing were heard in our car after we realized we had left Jaxson's beloved blankie and teddy bears at My Grandma's house in Mesquite (5 hours away from where we were at that point).
70 degrees and sunny, all weekend long. Sigh.
6 dollars were spent on Jaxson's chicken nuggets at Disneyland. He fell asleep at the restaurant and never even ate them.
10 people staying in a two room condo in Dana Point -it was so much fun having everyone together and Jaxson is now so bored at home with just me and Wyatt to entertain him all day.
2 naps were taken by Wyatt at Disneyland - miracle of all miracles! This baby never sleeps if there is something interesting going on around him. We were so stressed out about taking him and being those parents you see at places like that with a screaming, miserable baby and he turned out to be an absolute angel!
3 times we rode Buzz Lightyear's astro blaster ride, and 3 times Jaxson was in complete awe. He is at such a fun age to go there because everything is totally real to him.
0 tantrums were thrown the whole trip. Okay, that isn't completely true. The KIDS threw zero tantrums. I threw a minor one the night we got there over milk.
12 hours there ... 12 hours back
Jaxson and his two heroes
The Buzz Lightyear ride. Taking out the evil emporer Zurg is serious business, as you can see.
I love the look on his face in this one!
The reason we took this quick trip was to see Mark's Grandma & Grandpa Bell who are both ill. It was great to see them and spend a little bit of time with them, and introduce them to our boys in person (so far they have just seen pictures).
We stayed in a condo in Dana Point with Cami, Brett and their 3 kids, and Rob. It was so fun to get to spend a day at Disneyland with cousins - who were almost more fun to watch than our own kids!
McKay (he's 5) while eating lunch at Disneyland: "This is the best day of my whole life. Even better than Christmas!"
We also just hung out and spent Saturday at the beach playing in the sand and wiggling our toes in the water. Some of the braver (crazier) people with us went boogie boarding...in the ocean...in the middle of January.
Wait for it....
and then run for your life!!!
Cousins at the beach
Two very crazy, very cold guys (Cami got in, too)
Wyatt soaking up the sun
The joyous reunion.
It felt so nice to get away from everything, even just for a few days. We had so much fun with our boys and it really reminded Mark and I both of how blessed we are. Sorry for the marathon post, but I wanted to make sure we'll remember it all!
14 comments:
I am convinced. Disneyland, here I come! Seriously, posts like this should be banned in winter time. Looks like fun! (i am jealous :)).
that makes me so excited!! We just booked our D-Land trip for march and i can't wait.
That's funny you were so worried about how the boys would do--i was the same way, i seriously gave myself an ulcer. And Tate was a complete angel, they always amaze you....
it looks like you had a great time!
how fun! i lvoe the pictures of Jaxson in the ocean! so cute! I love disneyland!
I love to read your posts, they always put a smile on my face. Your boys are the cutest non-Cook boys that I know. I want to take Cannon to Disneyland in June, it is nice to see that others have a good experience. Take care of those two cuties!
Hey, isn't it so nice to get away from the chilly weather. I love vacations!!! Especially when our little ones are enjoying themselves!! Family is so important. I'm glad you guys had a blast and a safe trip!!!
WOW.... Looks like you guys had fun. I am not a fan of Disneyland at all. You will be so happy you took that trip to see the Grandparents. I love the pictures at the beach. Your family is adorable!
This post was so fun to read and so cute! You look fantastic by the way...I always look like death warmed over on trips! Glad you had such agreat time! Our count down has begun for our Disney trip in March...Jax and Mady will have so much fun talking about it!
I'm with you on the tantrum thing (it's usually me not the kids). I can't really help myself, after planning and packing and worrying myself half to death that we didn't forget anything, I usually have to let it out at some point. It's either screaming or crying or both. We haven't been on any trips in a while. Hmmm, maybe my husband is getting wise.
Hey looks like so much fun! we are going in two weeks!! can't wait any advice for me on what to do and not to do???
Hey looks like so much fun! we are going in two weeks!! can't wait any advice for me on what to do and not to do???
How Fun! We were planning on going this year, but I don't think we will make it. One day, it'll be nice to go when I'm not nursing or pregnant, but these are the years, and they are only young once. We need to do vacations more so that they will have the memories!! And here is my blog...check it out!
I thought that I had your email address, but I don't. Can you send it to me at erin320@juno.com so that I can invite you to our blog when I make it private? Thanks!
Oh my gosh! I am SOOO completely jealous. You guys were in DL exactly one year after our trip there -- and I wanna be back there. I miss it!
Kim,
I'm so glad you got to take your kids to Disneyland. It looked like such a fun trip! And yes, if you do the grease move, you will get skinny (probably cause you already are!)You look hot in those pics! Makes me want to cut my hair....I'm missing short hair.
Post a Comment