March 31, 2009

The big 2-7

My birthday was earlier this month, and it was fabulous! Thanks to everyone who made it a great day.

The week before, I went to the glamorous city of Wendover for the Boyz II Men concert with one of my best friends, Jessie. Now, before you think we are crazy, I have to tell you why this was so awesome. Two weeks before my 13th birthday, all I wanted was tickets to Boyz II Men. Two of my friends and I (you know who you are) had our parents all talked into it, and someone's older sister or aunt or something was going to take us. Then at the last second our parents decided we just weren't ready for a concert like that. I WAS DEVASTATED! Flash forward 14 years, and a couple of months before my birthday, what do I hear on the radio? An advertisement for Boys II Men performing one week before my birthday in Wendover! So don't make fun of me, I waited a loooong time for that concert, and it was awesome.




Click here if you want to see my shaky video of them in all their mo-town glory:




On my birthday, Mark took me shopping (willingly!) and to lunch and the cheesecake factory, and even to get a pedicure. So fun, and so relaxing without kids. I felt spoiled. Then we took the boys to the park to feed the ducks and fly a kite, and we ended the night watching a movie with Jaxson in our PJ's. I love birthdays!!!

3 comments:

Laurie & Clint said...

Happy Birthday Kim! Sounds like you celebrated it in the best way possible....well I don't know about boys II men...but its pretty classic kim.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday- I completely understand. My best friend and I went to New Kids on the Block last November and it's like we reverted back to junior high or something. I'd be embarassed if anyone had seen me. I'm glad you got to see them. Hope it was everything you had imagined. Too bad you didn't know they came back when I was in 11th so you would have been in 10th. You probably could have gone then :). But at least it happened.

Adam and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Kim! I think it's hilarious AND awesome that you went to Boyz II Men! I didn't even know the band still existed! :)