November 18, 2010

Nerd Day...or not.

Okay, this is not the 'Halloween Costume' post (I am behind!). This wasn't on Halloween, but the week before. It was red ribbon week at Jaxson's school, and each day had a theme (you know the kind: crazy hair day, career day, school color day). So we hadn't really been doing them that full out, and I was feeling like I wasn't a fun mom. The next day was nerd day, so I decided to be REALLY fun and dress Jaxson up like the best little nerd ever:


Total success! Except that when I got to the school that day to help in his class, I found out that it wasn't nerd day after all. Yep, you read that right. I dressed my kid up like a nerd and sent him to school and it wasn't nerd day. Apparently, they switched it to "What I want to be when I grow up" day at the last minute (I swear I didn't get that note). So as all his little kindergarten buddies were dressed up as firemen, policemen, and one ninja, he got to walk around like this all day.


His teacher said "It's okay, we'll just say he wants to be an accountant." And it was fine. He didn't seem to notice or care. Sorry to all of you accountants out there :).

6 comments:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

oh my gosh thats hilarious!

Hillary Garner said...

I love you even more for that little story...so something I would have done!

Mama Bell said...

What a darling nerd. . .Steve Erkle comes to mind. I think you watched that one too many times! Glad he didn't seem to mind that he was dressed for the wrong occasion.

Angela said...

That is awesome! I wish I had known this last night. I am laughing my butt off right now. He looks great though.

Cathie said...

too cute!!!

Unknown said...

As an accountant... I would totally take him. He's a hottie!