June 12, 2011

WYATT TURNS 3

Wyatt turned 3 in December, and the poor kid was really sick on his birthday. We had planned to go bowling, but ended up staying home. He didn't seem to mind too much though, since he still got the birthday treatment.

Here are a few things about Wyatt at three years old that I never ever want to forget...

- He says 'I love you' to me about 20 times a day, and he is always really serious and intense when he says it - you can tell he means it each and every time.

- He loves villains. Pick a bad guy from any show, and it is guaranteed to be Wyatt's favorite character from that show. He goes around pretending to be Zurg or any other villain he can think of all day long. Should we be worried?!

- He worships the ground his brother walks on and shows this by harassing him all day long. Jaxson loves it when Wyatt takes his nap, and you can usually hear a big sigh from him when Wyatt wakes up. They are best buddies though and it makes me so happy to watch them laugh, play and wrestle with eachother.

- He never stops talking. Seriously, never. The other day, we drove an hour in the car with him and Jaxson to Mark's parents house. He talked the WHOLE ENTIRE WAY, nonstop. Some of the time he was even pretending to talk Spanish. When we pulled up in their driveway I turned and said "Wyatt, do you ever stop talking?" He really gave it some thought for a second before saying matter of factly "Nope." Nope is right.

- His favorite song is Love Is Spoken Here. For the past six months or so, it is the only song he ever chooses to have sung to him at nap time and bed time, and he calls it "Mommy saying prayers" because of the first line. I bet Mark and I have both sung it hundreds of times over the last little while. It is a good one for us to sing to him, especially when we have been impatient with him. Its hard to sing those words right after you have been yelling at your kids! I don't know when he will change his song choice, but it is so cute that he loves it so much for now.

- He is hilarious! He has lots of energy and is really intense, and that can really wear on our patience sometimes. But he is also the sunshine of each day, and I hardly ever have a conversation with Mark that doesn't start with "Guess what Wyatt did today..."

Happy 3rd birthday Wy-guy! We love you and wouldn't change you for the world!


Beaming at his "Bad Guy Cake". Since he was so sick, I let him pick whatever he wanted to put on his cake. From left to right we have: Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Buzz (one good guy got on there!), Zurg, and Big Baby.


The birthday boy with his birthday dinner, that I think he took two bites of and probably threw up later.


Jaxson helping Wyatt play with some of his presents. Classic Wyatt face.

Barely feeling up to opening presents in the morning.

1 comment:

Annilee said...

It is so nIce to see you are alive! I have been wondering how you and your family are doing. I hope I get to see you next month when I come home!