February 11, 2009

Say hello to my little friend...



Wyatt just went in for a checkup, and he is off-the-charts small. Like, line up 100 babies, and he isn't even a part of the line. Not a big shocker, because we see him next to babies his age all the time, and he is obviously small for his age. I didn't realize how tiny he is though - he hasn't gained any weight in the last 5 months. He's 14 months old and barely 18 lbs. Jaxson has always been on the small side, and Mark and I are obviously not joining any basketball teams anytime soon, but even for us he is too small. They told us to start giving him pediasure, and they'll check him again in a month to see if he is doing better.


Here is the deal -he eats, and he isn't very picky. He just won't eat very much at a time. He is still drinking bottles of whole milk, but that apparently is just not doing the trick. So here is my question to all of you mom's out there - what high calorie foods do your kid's love? Any ideas you have will be appreciated!

6 comments:

Cory and Holly said...

"Chowda" Butter, Cream, Potatoes... Need I say more? I'll get you the recipe!

MamaBell said...

How about some bacon? Most kids like that with pancakes. . .lots of butter and syrup! Love you and both of your little friends! Mama

Annilee said...

I would recommend peanut butter, cheese, avocados. I have a friend that I saw when I just went to Dallas and she sprinkles formula in everything that her son eats. He is in the same boat as Jaxson...very tiny! Also, eggs with lots of cheese has a lot of good stuff! Good luck!

A'Lisha said...

that sounds like my little KyLee - she is still small, I do lots of ice cream, cheese and she still drinks whole milk (and she is 4)chicken nuggets and hot dogs. I always give her snacks in fact I leave them out on her little table so that she can eat them whenever she wants and she LOVES avacadoes.... I feel your pain!! really I do!!

KRISTIE KIRCHEN said...

juice might be good. how tall is he?

Lynja said...

my cousin used to put a lot of sour cream in mash potatoes and feed that to his daughter. Good luck. I know it's not easy but remember to balance what the Dr./charts say to what is in YOUR HEART before you get too stressed out:)